Saturday, February 15, 2014

Turning 8 and The Green Room | Virginia Photographer

So, my baby just turned 8 last week. EIGHT!! I am emotional as it is, but having my tiny little baby turn a year older and no longer even resemble a baby? Total mix of emotions. Pride, amazement, wonder and dread all rolled into one ball of tears.  Her Birthday was on a week day, so we made some Birthday Cake Pancakes to start the day off right. I think its safe to say she liked them.


I snagged her for about 3 minutes of freezing cold around the corner before the bus came to whisk her off to school.  She suffers from PCS (Photographers Child Syndrome), so her time in front of the camera is always interesting.  I'll start off with her true colors...



People in our neighborhood have dogs. Lots of Dogs. And not all of them carry poo bags when they walk them. We call this poo avoidance or  an "interpretive dance" if you will: Dear People, Please Pick Up Your Dog's Poop. 


I did manage to get some of her pretty face. Even though it was windy :)


8!



Isn't she gorgeous? I think so :)  

One of the lovely perks of "growing up" is changing your FAVORITE color. Her room was a ton of colors but super heavy on the pink. Who doesn't love pink? Well, now her favorite color is GREEN. The thing she wanted the most for her Birthday was to redecorate her room, with green being the focus. Here are a couple before photos from the iPhone. 

Kinda looks like Pink threw up. In a good way. 
Her boring Headboard before: ME
After lots of searching for elements, I finally got everything around to redecorate. Starting with the Headboard. I love it. I want it.
Headboard AFTER me. I really love the rose buttons :)



Theres still pink. But way less.

Her little art corner, with reupholstered chair :)
I didn't want to have to get rid of these, so we kept the pink and yellow accents



She LOVES her new GREEN ROOM!!! So do I. Makes me want to redecorate the other rooms of the house. :)

Not only did she get a green room, but she got a green Party too. Those photos later :) 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your BEAUTIFUL daughter. I love that there is a name for this issue that effects our children : ). Photographer's Child Syndrome. Perfect. Her dance is adorable. What a joy to have a daughter such as her. I hope she loves this next year of life.

    ReplyDelete